This is a
majorrelease with a lot of new features and enhancements across the apiculus® system.
Enhancement - Invoice PDF Download from UI
apiculus® now supports Invoice PDF files to be downloaded from Ul admin users. Administrator users can also download a PDF invoice (upon generation), which can be shared or tracked easily.
New Feature - Automated Invoice PDF on Email
apiculus® now supports Invoice PDF files to be sent on email to both subscriber and admin users. Subscriber users will now receive an automatically generated PDF invoice on their email, and they can further share the invoice with their billing teams or financial consultants.
Simultaneously, administrator users will also receive an automatically generated PDF invoice on their email, which can be shared or tracked easily.
New Feature - Credit Notes
apiculus® now ships newly designed and improved credit notes for both subscriber and admin users. Now, admin users can create and view credit notes (supplementary invoices) on the SP admin console.
apiculus® also supports admin users to download credit notes (supplementary invoices) that have been generated. Moreover, credit notes pdf files to be sent on email to both subscriber and admin users. Subscriber users will now receive a PDF credit note on their email
Simultaneously, administrator users will also receive a PDF credit note on their email.
New Feature - Discount Code while Upgrading/Downgrading a VM
apiculus® now supports the option to use a discount code while purchasing a VM. Now users can use a promo code and reduce the price of VM.
Enhancement - Subscription End Date in Inactive Subscriptions Lists
apiculus® now supports subscription end date in the Inactive subscriptions list where users can see at what date a particular subscription has ended.
This is a
majorrelease with a lot of new features and a few under-the-hood optimisations and fixes across the apiculus® system.
New Feature - Multiple Taxation IDs
apiculus® now supports multiple taxation IDs for all subscriber accounts. Service providers can now control accounts and compliance requirements based on the taxation IDs required in their countries. All taxation IDs will be displayed on invoices as well in subscriber profiles.
New Feature - ProfileCheck
Service providers can now control subscriber profile completeness by specifying if a profile check is required before any purchase is made from the marketplace. Profileheck has been introduced as a new feature on apiculus® which, when enabled,will allow subscribers to proceed with a purchase only when mandatory profile fields like country, state, address and taxation IDs are available. Until and unless all the required fields have been filled, a user cannot purchase the resource. Using ProfileCheck, you no longer need to deal with incomplete invoices and profiles.
New Feature - Credit Note Listing on Subscriber Console
apiculus® now supports viewing of all credit notes (supplementary invoices) that have been generated against incorrect or disputed invoices.
New Feature - Invoice PDF on Email
apiculus® now supports Invoice PDF files to be sent on email to both subscriber and admin users. Subscriber users will now receive a PDF invoice on their email (upon generation), and they can further share the invoice with their billing teams or financial consultants. Simultaneously, administrator users will also receive a PDF invoice on their email (upon generation), which can be shared or tracked easily.
New Feature - Reseller Management
apiculus® now supports Reseller Management using which service providers can onboard reseller and channel partners to acquire new customers. Administrators on the service provider’s team can view and manage resellers and view reseller-level reports. Resellers, in turn, also get access to the reseller admin console which they can use to track accounts that they’ve acquired for the service provider using their unique reseller code.
Other Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed a display bug where the price button was overlapping the plan description during VM purchase.
- Fixed an incorrect message that was getting displayed while creating a VM in VPC.
- Fixed validation bugs on the signup form.
- Fixed an issue where the catalogues listing was not showing account name.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing signups from countries that do not have any state or province.
This is a
majorrelease with few new features and a few under-the-hood optimisations and fixes across the apiculus system.
New Feature - Global & Account Level Dunning Configurations
apiculus® now supports setting up dunning policies on the apiculus® admin console. Dunning policies can be implemented at a global level, which will be applicable to all new accounts as a default, and also at an account level, which allows service providers to configure customer-specific dunning. Dunning policies can be triggered on time since due date expiry, negative service balance, service balance below a threshold, service balance as a percentage of credit limit, and on transaction balance as a percentage of credit limit. The corresponding dunning actions can be configured to notify, restrict, suspend, terminate or reactivate accounts.
Feature Refresh - Promo Codes are now Discount Codes
Promo codes have been revamped as Discount Codes. This is part of the larger overall plan of turning discounts and coupons as powerful marketing tools. Additionally, discounts and coupons can also be edited and disabled on the apiculus® admin console interface.
Feature Refresh - Plan and Catalogue Deletion and Updation
apiculus® now supports updation and deletion of active plans and catalogues. We have also improved the user experience while creating a plan with prefilled fields and values to assist in the creation of plans depending upon the plan category.
Other Fixes and Improvements:
- The SSH key format issue when downloaded in the Firefox browser is resolved.
- Mobile numbers now support a minimum of 7 digits instead of 8.
- Coupons now have an in-built dashboard that shows the coupon utilization numbers.
- Fixed the sidebar to accommodate long cloud titles.
This is a
minorrelease with one new feature and a lot of under-the-hood optimisations and fixes across the apiculus system.
New Feature - PassThrough for Cloudstack-compatible API
apiculus® now supports Cloudstack API for creating virtual machines via the PassThrough mechanism. Users of apiculus® CMP can now use the familiar Apache Cloudstack API to create a single virtual machine or virtual machines in bulk. apiculus® will automatically superimpose the billing layer and all virtual machines created using PassThrough will be billed under a single subscription and charged for the total VM-hours consumed.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Dunning notifications have been enabled for the service provider’s billing users.
- An issue where custom catalogues were sometimes not visible to child users of the subscriber accounts has been resolved.
- When purchasing virtual machines, a display bug that was causing an incorrect display of rounded configuration values has been resolved.
- An issue where the system was not letting users apply discount codes when the service balance was lower than the item being purchased has been resolved.
This is a
minorrelease with small fixes and tweaks to some of the apiculus systems.
- Removed a check that was invalidating promo codes with a 100% value deflation.
- Fix a bug that was causing available promo codes to not show when the marketplace was being accessed directly after logging in.
- Promo codes marked for All Categoriesare now applicable on managed and professional services along with other categories.
- Changed the promo code error message to make it more contextual and appropriate.
- Fixed an issue that was causing CentOS plans to show when the RHEL filter was being applied.
- Fixed an issue that was creating errors when a child user applied a promo code.
This is a
majorrelease with new integrations, new add-ons, new features and a lot of under-the-hood enhancements, optimisations and fixes across the apiculus system.
New Integration - Google Tag Manager
apiculus now supports Google Tag Manager for managing tag containers. Using Google Tag Manager, apiculus can be extended to a wide range of marketing intelligence tools, such as:
From Google Tag Manager:
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Amplitude, Heap
- CRM and Chat: HubSpot, Drift, Intercom, Pardot
- Ad Intelligence: Facebook Pixel, Google Ads, Linkedin Insights
- And many more
To Google Tag Manager:
- Mixpanel, Segment, Mailchimp
In short, marketing teams can now use apiculus with their advanced marketing tech stacks.
New Feature - Role-based Access for Administrators
apiculus now ships with a newly designed and improved SP (Service Provider) Admin role-based access control feature. Every role has their own privileges based on predefined business functions and the requirement of data access control is provided to them on the SP admin dashboard. The new introduced roles are:
New Marketplace Integration - Amazon Web Services
apiculus now enables service providers to resell AWS and offer their customers a unified cloud usage and billing experience. Along with the SP-branded cloud services, local cloud providers can now provide cloud brokerage to their enterprise customers and enable them to run hybrid workloads that are localised from a data residency perspective, and scalable from the application perspective.
New Marketplace Integration - apiculus Kubernetes Service
Say hello to Kubernetes! With this release, we present the apiculus Kubernetes Service (aKS). aKS is a Kubernetes-driven, fully automated ClusterOps service for clouds powered by Cloudstack. aKS allows apiculus cloud users to seamlessly deploy Kubernetes clusters for running containerised cloud-native workloads. Further, aKS works with Rancher (the global gold standard for container management) for advanced cluster management, operations and application catalogues.
New Add-on - apiculus Dashboards
apiculus Dashboards is a highly scalable reporting and dashboards add-on that talks to all the underlying systems and provides an exhaustive set of reports and dashboards for various technical and commercial stakeholders in the SP team. Powered by Metabase, an open-source tool that converts data into beautiful dashboard visualisations, apiculus Dashboards are targeted towards service provider teams that are engaged in decision-making on various aspects of their cloud business.
New Feature - Custom Invoice Formats
In order to meet the requirements of different taxation and compliance regulations in different countries, apiculus now supports custom invoice templates. Service providers no longer need to spend on a separate invoicing tool just to meet compliance requirements - apiculus now has it all covered.
Enhancements On the Subscriber-Side Dashboard
- Availability zones and regions are now displayed in human-friendly English.
- Credit limit information has been added on the dashboard.
- Service provider banding has been added to some of the transient screens, e.g., forgot password, account confirmation etc.
Enhancements On the Service Provider-Side Dashboard
- Promo codes can now be generated for different IaaS categories. These include VM, VPC, disk, IP, SS and DT.
- An issue where customer-specific promo codes were not working has been resolved.
- All promo and coupon fields that were showing customer IDs now show customer IDs along with organisation names.
- Account/organisation names can now be seen in the list of catalogues instead of user IDs.
- Admins and marketing users can now create custom links to show up on the Help menu for subscribers.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- Technical Contact records are now getting updated on the Account Edit module.
- Form field validation on subscriber’s profile details has been fixed to accept mandatory fields as expected.
- Some provinces and regions have been updated based on the latest political data.
- The SP admin interface sections can now be filtered by organisation instead of user names.
- A lot of performance and under-the-hood improvements are part of this release.
- SSH keys generated (on apiculus) and downloaded using Firefox might not work due to a formatting issue.